23.8.09

Hindsight

Lyrics to a song by Transmitter www.myspace.com/thetransmitter


Hindsight, retrospect, looking back, with regret
Consumer lies, tragedy, beaten down to broken knees
Cut away the life, then there is no pain
No pain

Hindsight, hard to heal, desperate, now skin has peeled
Clipped and clean, suit and tie, just alive, till they die
Cover up the truth, then there is no guilt

The men in their gilded cage, buying and selling and lies
Distortions in the market place, cheap at half the price
War machines, ripping up the ground
Trying to break, all the good things down
Weighing heavy in my head, was it something someone said
Pinned me up and cut me down, watched me as I bled to death
Left alone, in the cold, the pressure drops
Ready to explode
Explode

Hindsight, our special treat, clarity unfolding
Scratched out eyes, served up to queens, progress where, by any means
Twisting on the blade, fashioned by the slaves

Upon the precipice, profits of profanity
Trying hard to impress, flailing like a hurricane
Helmeted and fully armed, protectors of the status quo
The story of humaity, drowning in the undertow
And I could blast away my arms, fit only to destroy
Even if it wasn’t true, I’d become a broken toy
For the amusement of some higher being
A stain on the bathroom floor is all my life would mean

Take it back

Fucked up lives, Perspex blinds
Plastic minds, pigs in styes……

2 comments:

  1. only for the HARDCORE molester...hope to catch you guys when I pop into Adelaide next, might even book a weekend with that in mind...let me know your gig diary X Dells

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a bit angry. Grrrrrr.. Nice. Two Finger Horned Rock Salute.
    (I liked the myspace page, too, btw)

    ReplyDelete